Friday 5 October 2012

Week 40 - Wings And Things

It's Friday again so it's time for another challenge here at Polka Doodles and we have some fabulous prizes for our top 3 for the challenge too so read on for all the details. We also welcome a new Design Team member to Team B this week as we have the lovely Karen who's whipped a card up very quickly to share with you. You'll find her gorgeous creation below.

If you hop over to the Polka Doodles shop, you'll also see that Nikky has a brand new DVD out called Colour Therapy With Nikky and is all about colouring with alcohol markers. There are 7 video tutorials full of Nikky's tips on colouring hair, skin etc and it's definitely not to be missed!

We can also finally reveal that we have 3 lovely talented new teamies who have joined us this week, the gorgeous Karen, Eva and Helen! So watch out for their creations and we are ultra excited to have them on board Team Doodle - welcome to you all ladies!! We'd also like to thank all those of you who did apply for the DT call, it took us a while to choose from all the fab talent but you all should have had emails back from us now and we're so sorry we had to disappoint so many of you - it's so difficult choosing :C but never give up hope and we look forward to seeing your applications next time. Thank you for giving up your time to apply, we really appreciate it.

So on with the challenge! This week the lovely Jan is your hostess and the theme is:

Wings and Things

For this challenge we're very excited to be able to tell you that our Nikky has a copy of the fabulousness that is the Here Comes Christmas CD for each of the top 3 winners - how fantastic is that!!!
Don't forget to follow our rules which are below! 
Before we have a look at the Design Team samples, we need to announce the top three from Challenge 38 which was 'Inspired By A Song Title'.   We had absolutely gorgeous entries and its been difficult to choose a top three, but without further ado they are:

First Place: Wins an Owl Download Bundle - Laurie - Please use verification code PD1W4038
Second Place: Jayne
Third Place: Meg

Congratulations to you all! Laurie, please email Nikky for your prize and you can all grab your blinkies from the sidebar.  Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. For all prize winners, you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.

 
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:
1. Please follow the challenge theme!

2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section

As you'll see from the Design Team's inspiration below, the challenge theme could mean butterflies, birds, angels, fairies and so on. With such fabulous prizes on offer this week, who could resist the challenge!

JAN:  I'm so excited to have chosen this week's theme for the challenge and anyone who knows me knows how I love butterflies, which fit the theme perfectly!  I decided to make a wall hanging using pretty pink paper, the gorgeous black butterfly silhouettes and a lovely sentiment from the Candy Doodles CD.  See my blog for further details on how I created this project using the CD.


Claire - I've used the Sugarplum Daisy CD and the Candy Doodles Collectors Edition to create my tag/pocket card.


Fliss - I've still got Christmas coming out all over so my card for today was made with the gorgeousness that is the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 2 - Gingerbread Twist and I've gone for loads of texture with dry and heat embossing, scrunching, inking and edge distressing. My needle and thread also came out to make the ruched border. A touch of glitter added for some glamour too.


Kitty - I have created another Christmas card, i just love all the Christmas ranges this year. I have used the Gingerbread Twist CD for all the elements on my card. I simply added some Cheery Lynn Snowflakes & some Glamour Dust.


NJ I wanted to make a different shaped card for a change. I wanted it to be 3d. I have used the Sundae of Seasons  for this. I love butterflies!


Shell-For my card this week I wanted to do something a bit different, normally for this theme I'd do an angel or butterflies so I have used bats...this little fella is from the Sundae of Seasons cd and so are the sentiment and the bats.


Fabi-  For my project I have created a very fun card, and one of my favorites: Easel Card. I have used an image from the Here comes Christmas CD Rom, and the papers are from the same CD. 


Karen - This cute image is from the Sundae of Seasons CD and I coloured her with ProMarkers.  For the doily I used a Cheery Lynn die, pearls and ribbon are from my stash.



Fabulous inspiration and we can't wait to see your creations. You have until 12 noon on Sunday 14 October to enter and please don't forget our rules.

.....................................

13 comments:

  1. first time entering love the theme wings and things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations yet again from DT well done. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful are your cards x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge - love butterflies! Wonderful DT inspiration. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cards to inspire us!
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for choosing me as your winner last week - what a lovely suprise!
    I will be back to join your fabulous challenges again soon - fab DT work once again
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, such amazing Dt creations again! Thanks for a fun challenge! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome inspiration from the DT...thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous inspiration from the DT , thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. All beautiful cards from the DT. Thanks for a fab challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome cards, live the mummy image, the fancy fold card is so different too!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!