Friday 19 October 2012

Week 42 - Autumn

Hi everyone! Well, Autumn is definitely in the air around here, it's been freeeeezing lately and it's time to pull out all those winter woolies and jumpers now I think!
I do love this time of year though, with the autumn colours and the swirly leaves, so that's the inspiration for this week's challenge - autumn, autumn, autumn! So get working with those reds, oranges, browns and lots of leaves for your challenge creation this week and show us what you got!  There will be 2 winners for this challenge and they will both win a special prize of Nikky's brand new Colour Therapy tutorial DVD PLUS a copy of our fabulous Sundae of Seasons CD which has a wealth of digi stuff for Autumn, Winter and the rest of the year too - it's a great prize worth over £30, and we have 2 to give away!

Before we have a look at the Design Team samples, we need to announce the top three from Challenge 40 which was 'Things With Wings'.  This was obviously a very popular challenge with tons of absolutely gorgeous entries and its been difficult to choose a top three, but without further ado they are:

First Place:  - Klaudia - Please use verification code PD1W4240
Second Place: - Julie B - Please use verification code PD1W4240
Third Place: - Sandra - Please use verification code PD1W4240

Congratulations to you all as you're all winners of a copy of the fabulous Here Comes Christmas CD! Please all email Nikky for your prize and you can all grab your blinkies from the sidebar.  Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. For all prize winners, you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.

 
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:
1. Please follow the challenge theme!

2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section

Now for some inspiration from the Design team which you'll see is very colourful and sure to warm you up.

JAN:  I love the colour palette that this week's challenge offers and decided to make a word book for my 'Autumn' project using the letters and template from the 'Candy Doodles' CD.  The papers are all from various Polkadoodles CDs (see my blog for further details) and all the little embellishments are from the 'Sundae of Seasons' CD.  A couple of ribbon ties, some bling and the little 'FUN' pennants are from my stash.

Karen - I used the Sundae of Seasons CD again for my card, and Memory box dies for the swirls.

Claire - I too used the Sundae of Seasons CD to create my wall hanging which has been coloured with Distress Inks.

Fliss - I'm a little challenged at the moment as my printer is playing up so can only print out black and white until it gets fixed. This inspired me to do my favourite thing, making my own background paper and I used the Daisy Doodles stamp set for this, stamping a cluster of flowers, leaves and swirls with brown ink then inking the panel with Distress Inks. I printed out the mushrooms and some leaves from the Sundae of Seasons CD and stamped Gracie, colouring with Promarkers and Distress inks. I added an embossed border for texture. Full details of how I made the card can be found on my blog.

NJ I love autumn colours too. So rich and lovely. I have used the SUNDAE OF SEASONS CD and decorated a gift box using papers, leaves, flowers and a tree. I have also made a matching card.

Kitty - For my simple card I used papers & images from the Sundae Of Seasons CD and simply added a bit of ribbon, lace & some card candi to finish.

shell - I've used papers from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 2 - Gingerbread Twist CD with a gorgeous Emma Canning digital image coloured with Copics. Some pleated trim together with pearls and a Tim Holtz die cut clock complete the card.

Some fabulous creations here and you have until 12 noon on Sunday 28 October to get your entries in. Please don't forget to check the rules before linking up. Good luck!

..................................


8 comments:

  1. LOvely DT samples...you have a talented group! Thank you for the Autumn Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creations and congrat's to the winners xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the fab DT inspiration and another great challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely inspiration DT! My link is broken on the 1st entry #6, if it could be deleted that would be great! Thanks and great challenge - Debra M

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Thank you very much! :)) I'm so happy :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for choosing me in your top 3, I sent you an email on Saturday,hope it got to you ok,I'm chuffed to bits! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH it worked, wasn't sure! There is a lot of Autumn around right now and I had one I made on Sunday, perfect!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wondering if my email went to your spam box as I had any confirmation that you'd received it. I might send you another just in case. Thanks again, Julie.x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!